I've been a 24 hour fitness (in Hillcrest, San Diego)member for almost 6 years now.When I rejoined the gym and prepaid for 3 years in Jan 2007, I was offered a deal to received 5 free training sessions.

But the trainers were not availble because they got clients who paid for the training. I did finally got an appointment with and trainer Dan, and was told he cancelled the session when I showed up. I was told later I no longer got the free training because it had passed the time frame to receive free training sessions.My second complaint is the Hillcrest gym fails to maintain their equipment. It takes more than a month to fix a broken cardio machine and their reason is they are waiting for parts.

The gym is over crowded and the men's locker room is sometimes unsanitary. Recently, one trainer in particular, John Miller, has been verbally aggressive and made physically threatening gesture by yelling within couple inches to my face, because! I protested that he occupies more than a workout machine for his client at the same time.

I'm consider pursuing a law suit for harassment by the trainer.

Had an Experience with 24 Hour Fitness?

Comments

No wonder I can't find a boyfriend at 24 lol. I look like a movie star and the guys would rather look at each other.

I used to sell those same prepaid memberships.

Somewhere along the lines of $599 for 3 years & $49 Annual Renewal after that.

I pride myself on never having lied to my clients to sell them the membership, because I honestly believe it was for the best.

My goal was to help others achieve their goals, regardless of price, wether it was an economical plan or a more expensive plan.

My point is, whoever sold you that membership, lied to you.

Those training sessions weren't "FREE", they came included w/ the membership.

Typically $200-$250 of the prepaid amount was for the training.

So they weren't free, you actually paid for them, they made you believe you didn't because it sounded alot better.

They do have an expiration date, usually the first 6 months from when you started.

If you still hav a copy of your agreement, you should see on there the actual breakdown of the membership.

My best advice, Please read all your fineprint.

Sunland Park, New Mexico, United States #20562

The Hillcrest gym (club 90) is very dirty.There used to be a jacuzzi there but guys were caught constantly having sex and because a lot of people complained about used condoms on the floor, it was removed.

Their staff is terrible and doesn't listen to complaints! Before my shift, i worked out and was taking a shower when i caught a guy touching himself next to me. I thought that he had crabs but when i noticed that he was tugging on his wee-wee, I said that i better get out of there.

i reported this to the staff and they kept telling me that I was in Hillcrest - the g-a-y capital of San Diego.I quit and cancelled my membership right after that.

Sunland Park, New Mexico, United States #20495

i reported this to the staff and they kept telling me that I was in Hillcrest - the *** capital of San Diego.I quit and cancelled my membership right after that.